One of my favorite beverages to drink at home in the heat of the summer is a really simple yet refreshing recipe I came up with, Organic Cinnamint Iced Tea!! I have been making this for years, so I figured since we are all at home a lot more than usual, now would be a good time to share! (Video below)
What you'll need:
- Iced Tea Pitcher (one with a strainer is easier)
- Organic Peppermint
- Whole Cinnamon
- Water Kettle/Boiler
- Scoop 1 tsp. of Organic Peppermint into your iced tea pitcher per every 8 oz. of water your pitcher can hold. It will be easier to use an iced tea pitcher with a strainer built-in. If you don't have one, you can use most regular teapots, or you can scoop the tea into disposable pouches and drop them in any pitcher you might have.
- Crush whole Cinnamon. Try not to crush it too finely as you might get some Cinnamon pieces in your tea (I like to crush the cinnamon by hand). Add the crushed Cinnamon to the pitcher.
- Pour boiling water into your pitcher. Any temperature is fine (herbal tea isn't too sensitive to temperature). I usually let the water boil. Let it steep for 4-5 minutes and remove the strainer. You can also leave the strainer in the pitcher longer for a more concentrated brew (if you do this I suggest removing the strainer after a maximum of 24 hours).
- Refrigerate until cool and enjoy! If you want to enjoy the tea immediately, you can fill a cup with ice and pour the hot tea over it, but keep in mind a lot of the ice will melt and you'll be left with a slightly watered down beverage!
Cheers & stay safe!